What is Cloud Auditing?
"Cloud Auditing is the objective evaluation of whether risks to Cloud Customers have been adequately dealt with; that a Cloud Customer's compliance requirements will be met; and that the Cloud Provider has the necessary controls in place."
The Virtualization & Cloud Audit Professional course examines these risks and how to manage them. It teaches you how to audit VMware and other cloud services.
Benefits of Cloud Auditing
- Helps cloud consumers to build a solid business case for cloud computing and navigate the changing landscape without jeopardizing their risk postures
- Helps Cloud Providers to understand what auditors look for before actually being audited and provide assurance towards their (prospective) client customers
- Helps Governments and prudential supervisors (e.g. National Banks) to create audit standards & cloud assurance guidelines; and ensure that current policies are kept being reinforced in the Cloud
Role of a Cloud Auditor
- Assess cloud architectures against critical compliance requirements and identify specific vulnerabilities & threats
- Advise recommended controls to be deployed on the various levels
- Audit for the presence and efficiency of said controls and provide assurance that stated designs are assured and working
- Evaluate risks associated with cloud
- Taking business to the cloud cannot compromise security. Auditing will help you identify vulnerabilities and threats - and keep your systems secure.